HI, WE ARE ACKERMAN ACADEMY /
AN INNOVATIVE EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM THAT CREATES OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL STUDENTS TO SUCCESSFULLY REACH THEIR POTENTIAL

Friday, May 8, 2015

Students Speak Up | Part 1

It's easy for us to write about the students we have enrolled in our program, and how they've changed, what they've accomplished, to brag on how talented and amazing they are.  We love our students.

For this post we decided to start a little series, several blog posts dedicated to allowing our students have a voice, to tell you for themselves what they love about Ackerman and how Ackerman Academy has impacted their lives!  We're very excited to share this with you all!  Here are just a few responses we've received from the students so far, more are being turned in daily.  So sit back and be prepared to learn a little bit more about our students and their thoughts about being in the Ackerman Academy!
"Ackerman is the only way I graduated. Ackerman has amazing teachers who reach out to help everyone individually. Ackerman doesn't have 35 kids in each class, there's about 20 which helps my anxiety...This is a great school that helps every kid graduate and help them get through high school. I would not be graduating if Ackerman was not here. Ackerman is a safe place to be."
-W.H. (Senior, attended 2 years)

"They helped me get my credits and exceed levels in my vocabulary, reading, and writing."
-J.A. (Senior, attended 2 years)

"Ackerman has impacted my grades. I was never failing, but Ackerman still helped me get my grades higher."
-M.S. (Freshman, attended 2 terms)

"I love this school, because it has helped a LOT and I don't know what I would do without this school."
-D.M. (Sophomore, attended 1 year)

"What helps me is small classes, teachers that work with you and at your speed. I do not know what I would do without Ackerman Academy. My dreams are to graduate from this school, because I think this school is the only chance of my graduating. If something happened to this school it would not be good for a lot of people, because this school helps lots of kids."
-S.S. (Freshman, attended 2 years)

"Ackerman has impacted my life a lot. It helped me get my grades up. It is very small, all the teachers are nice and so are the students. This is by far the best school I have ever been to."
-J.G. (Freshman, attended 1 year)

"The inspiration to stay and complete high school as well as self goals for myself, that is what Ackerman Academy has done for me...I'm glad I had the opportunity to go to such a wonderful school. Thank you Ackerman Academy! Thank you staff!"
-S.D.C. (Senior, attended 2.5 years)

"I would be no where near caught up on my credits if it weren't for Ackerman. With the classes being smaller, it's a lot easier to pay attention and get my work done. I would have no idea how to write an essay without Mrs. Grace. I've make lifetime friends, that are amazing. I don't get anxiety when I was down the hall anymore, as to where I could barely breathe at the high school.  Lastly, I'm ACTUALLY GRADUATING!! Before I moved here, I was going to drop out and get my GED."
-M.P. (Senior, attended 2 years)

Thanks for stopping by and reading what are kids have to say.  Next post in this series coming Monday!