HI, WE ARE ACKERMAN ACADEMY /
AN INNOVATIVE EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM THAT CREATES OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL STUDENTS TO SUCCESSFULLY REACH THEIR POTENTIAL

Monday, May 5, 2014

My Voice My Music Student Showcase

On March 13th, the Ackerman Academy students put together and performed at the My Voice My Music Fundraiser Concert at The Place to be Cafe in Canby.

The event was charged with electricity and the feeling of community was undeniable. There were phenomenal performances from the students who are a part of the Ackerman Academy music program, Ackerman Academy staff, Canby School District's very own Superintendent John Steach, and the amazing instructors and from My Voice Music.
The instructors from My Voice Music, (a non profit organization) did an outstanding job working with, encouraging, and challenging the students to go beyond what they imagined they could do. I loved seeing the students grow, develop their skills on various instruments, and become more confident in themselves.  They definitely put on one AMAZING show and couldn't be more proud of the Ackerman Academy students!

PHOTOS/VIDEOS
See all the photos from the night HERE!

My Voice My Music Video
The Teacher Song Video

"Believe in yourself in order to create something that means enough to give back."
Believe. Create. Give.